Clinical Ayurvedic Health-Care Practitioner Training
Zoom Small Group Training Workshop Series, 2022
Khabir's Certificate Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (ALC) & Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) Program
About the Program
To receive certification as an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (ALC) requires 500 hours:
- Completion of Course #1 (Fundamentals Principles & Physiology of Ayurveda) 100 Hours, Zoom
- Completion of Course #2 (Diagnosis Skill & Methods of Ayurveda) 100 Hours, Zoom
- Completion of Course #3 (Herbology & Dietary Treatments of Ayurveda) 100 Hours, Zoom
- Completion of Course #4 (Dietary & Herbal Treatments for 20 Health Conditions) 150 Hours, India
- Minimum 50 Hours of internship in Khabir's Clinic, in Ojai CA or San Antonio TX, USA
To receive certification as an Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) requires an additional 1500 hours:
- An additional 1500 hours of recognized Ayurveda training, internship and documented appointments
These courses are about learning the skills necessary to practice Ayurveda in a clinical environment based on traditional Ayurvedic principles (Charaka & Samhita), methodologies of treatment (kayachikitsa), Ayurvedic herbology (dravyaguna) and Ayurvedic pharmacology (Bhaisajya Kalpanaa), as practiced in Northern India. These workshops do not cover the history of Ayurveda, sanskrit text or physical forms of treatment such as abhyanga, sweating therapies, Shirodhara, marma therapy or any form of panchakarma as practiced in southern India.
* Completing 500 hours of study with Khabir in his capacity as a Registered Professional Ayurvedic Continuing Education (PACE) Provider by the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) will allow an individual to register as an [Registered] Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant with AAPNA. An additional 500 hours of certificate study, training or internship will allow the individual to register as an [Registered] Ayurveda Practitioner with AAPNA or other associations as per their requirements.
Course #1: Fundamentals Principles & Physiology of Ayurveda
October 17th to the 22nd, 2022, Zoom
Course #2: Diagnosis Skill & Methods of Ayurveda
Nov. 14th to 19th, 2022, Zoom
Course #3: Herbology & Dietary Treatments of Ayurveda
Dec. 12th to 17th, 2022, Zoom
Course #4: Dietary & Herbal Treatments for 20 Health condtions According to Ayurveda
Jan. 2nd to 8th, 2023, Kovalam, India.
This teaching format is in the traditional teacher-student approach or gurukul in India for those who want hands-on training in Ayurvedic health-care (kayachikitsa) by an experienced Vaidya. Most courses on Ayurveda are more focused on theory more than clinical application, or too academic, with references to original sanskrit texts requiring an understanding of Sanskrit terminology. The goals of these workshops are to help students and practitioners of Ayurveda to better grasp the clinical applications of Ayurveda and provide a model of private practice. The Workshops are straightforward and clear without much Sanskrit terminology.
The purpose and intention of this program is to help fulfill a growing need for skilled and professional Ayurvedic practitioners, to address the plethora of health issues in modern society. Khabir
Attendance is very limited. Prior students are encouraged to register asap.
Presenter and Organizer
Khabir Southwick, Integrative Ayurvedic Doctor & Herbal Pharmacist , is an internationally recognized Ayurvedic practitioner of north Indian school of thought, a master herbalist and public educator of natural health-care, whole food nutrition and Ayurveda. For over 27 years, Khabir has helped thousands of people to naturally overcome a wide range of health conditions with Ayurvedic dietary changes, herbal medicine, traditional home remedies and lots of motivation. Khabir does not use or purchase any products but chooses to formulate and make his own herbal teas and Ayurvedic formulas to maintain the highest level of quality and follow in the traditional ways of Ayurveda.
Khabir maintains two Ayurvedic clinics Ojai, CA and in north San Antonio TX. He has provided hundreds of classes and workshops worldwide in multiple cities in Southern California, Texas, France, Morocco, the UAE, and India. He also travels regularly to India conduct these Ayurveda courses and led detoxification (panchakarma) retreats. (details).
Khabir Southwick is a Registered Professional Ayurvedic Continuing Education (PACE) Provider by the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) and is qualified to issue certificates of completion for each workshop and provide certificates as an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant (ALC), Ayurvedic Health Consultant (AHC), & Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) enabling the student to register with AAPNA and other Ayurvedic Associations and obtain continuing education credits from such organization accepting AAPNA PACE provider courses.
"Being a small group and eating together provides an excellent environment for questions and open discussion. With panchakarma and prominent guest speakers each workshop is a deep immersion in Ayurveda." Khabir
* These training programs are based on the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) Benchmarks for training in traditional / complementary and alternative medicine: benchmarks for training in Ayurveda & Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH), New Delhi, India. (Reference Number: D.O. NO. 480 /Adviser (Ayurveda) / 2009, May 1st, 2009).
Testimonial by Dr. Vikram Chauhan
Testimonial regarding the program by Dr. Vikram,
Video testimonials from past participants
Teachings are based on classical teachings and not westernized but simplified without much use of Sanskrit except for essential words.
From outside of India call or text to: +1-805-308-3480
Within India call or Whatsapp a message to: +91 0799-490-3403